Monday, June 23, 2008

I'm Not Dead, Just Crazy

I haven't posted for a bit. It has been a little wild on the home front. I was sick, the kids are out of school, D and I celebrated our wedding anniversary, etc.
I have also been a bit depressed over the state of things. It seems like every time you turn around, something else is happening that shows the state of things in a negative light. I still don't understand how people eat animals, and some days it gets overwhelming. I really shouldn't let things get to me, but they drain the life out of me and I have a hard time functioning. I take it all so very personally.
So some of the things of which I am referring (and forgive me as this is bordering on old news because I haven't posted):
  • MRSA is showing up in pigs that are being consumed by humans, article 1 article 2.
  • The bird flu is spreading and China is killing poultry article link.
  • A dozen pigs lucky enough to escape death by drowning are instead shot and killed by idiot humans article link.
  • There are actually people out there willing to pay $185 for a hamburger made from massaged beef! article link
  • Then there are the instances of floods, earthquakes, cyclones, starvation, homelessness, etc. that are just driving me to the brink of despair.

This is hardly a full listing, but I can only post so much misery at the moment.

Sorry for the bummer post.

No comments: