Thursday, June 5, 2008

New York City Horse Carriage Rides

This cartoon is from Dan Piraro, I have mentioned him before, he is one of my heroes! Anyway, he made me aware of this online petition we can sign to show we would like to see the horse carriage rides in NYC banned.

I know it is a favorite tourist attraction and movie scene, but if people were truly aware of the cruelty involved in this horrific example of animal abuse, I like to think most people would not want to contribute to the cruelty.

Please, do your part, Sign the petition here.

2 comments:

Bridgett said...

do you have any links to show the behind the scenes cruelty to the animals? I never heard of it, so I would like to be informed before signing a petition. Thanks!

CrazyVeganMom said...

Hi Bridgett,
I don't have any links at the moment. I suggest reading the blog post by Alicia Silverstone here:
http://www.thekindlife.com/post/horse-drawn-carriages
I know there is a movie, called Blinders, but I believe you have to buy the dvd, not sure if there is someplace to watch it for free.